The Centre of Expertise for Waters (CREW) is a Scottish Government funded partnership between the James Hutton Institute, Scottish Higher Education Institutes and Research Institutes.
CREW’s science-policy priorities are to:
- Deliver evidence needed to implement regulations on protecting and improving the water environment.
- Provide expert advice for policy needs on ongoing and emerging opportunities and challenges in areas such as water quality & health, a net-zero circular economy & societal perceptions of water issues.
- Engage with a wide range of information users and communities, to maximise the benefits of the research to society.
CREW is a demand-driven service, managing the engagement with researchers to:
- Deliver timely and accurate advice
- Coordinate and fund research, analysis and interpretation
- Stimulate innovative and proactive thinking
- Develop an ethos of co-production and genuine knowledge exchange
- Develop the networks and skills of researchers, policy makers and practitioners to make best use of available science leading to improved environmental, social and economic outcomes.
The Water Quality and Health theme within the current CREW programme (2022-2027) closely aligns with the OHBP’s strategic objectives.
Find more info & recent publications here: https://www.crew.ac.uk